Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Barnett, Ian" <ia...@lmco.com> on 2014/02/13 00:05:50 UTC

Settings.xml nonProxyHosts Requires pipe-delimiter rather than commas

I develop behind a proxy.  Some of our servers sit behind that proxy as well, including our Nexus Repository.  I have configured my settings.xml to point to our proxy but to ignore the hosts that are behind that proxy.  If I use a comma-delimited list in my nonProxyHosts, Maven seems to ignore that list and apply the proxy to those hosts as well.  If I use a pipe-delimited list in my nonProxyHosts, everything works great and Maven does NOT try to apply the proxy to those hosts.

According to this document only pipes are acceptable as delimiters, which is what I observed: https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

According to this document either pipes or commas are acceptable as delimiters which is incorrect according to my observation: https://maven.apache.org/settings.html (Proxies header)

This is an example of the proxies block in my settings.xml file that does not work.  When Maven needs to hit 123.456.789.111 or my.nexus.host, it applies the proxy to it.

  <proxies>

    <proxy>

      <id>My Proxy</id>

      <active>true</active>

      <protocol>http</protocol>

      <username></username>

      <password></password>

      <host>my.proxy.com</host>

      <port>80</port>

          <nonProxyHosts>localhost,123.456.789.*,my.nexus.host</nonProxyHosts>

    </proxy>

  </proxies>

This example WORKS.  Proxy is ignored for any requests to 123.456.789.111 or my.nexus.host, etc.

  <proxies>

    <proxy>

      <id>My Proxy</id>

      <active>true</active>

      <protocol>http</protocol>

      <username></username>

      <password></password>

      <host>my.proxy.com</host>

      <port>80</port>

          <nonProxyHosts>localhost|123.456.789.*|my.nexus.host</nonProxyHosts>

    </proxy>

  </proxies>

Environment:
Maven 3.1.1
Mac OS-X 10.9

Also reproduced this issue on:

Apache Maven 3.0.4

Ubuntu 11.04

Re: Settings.xml nonProxyHosts Requires pipe-delimiter rather than commas

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net>.
;-).
We simply added the jenkins repos in our nexus instance, as this is what
our/a MRM is designed for, but I see your point when you're inside an rigid
organization and you just want to work. My goal is surely not to say proxy
is useless, but more something like "are you sure you're using it for the
right reasons?"
Anyway, I see your point :-).

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Baptiste,