Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by BALLADA Vincent <vi...@renault.com> on 2021/09/07 09:07:49 UTC

Re: [Proposal] => JmsIO auto scaling feature

Hi Luke,

Hope you are fine, back from holidays and consecutively to our discussion the 5th of august, I replied to your comments regarding the JmsIO auto-scaling proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LMPpMpn9DByQcyCdRrTMBa-8ltByO4aqNYY4D9h3m18/edit?usp=sharing

To sum up :

  *   The number of initial split is not important for us (JmsIO creates one connection/consumer per split and we are ok with that),
  *   What is important is that the runner allocates more or less workers depending on the backlog size,
  *   We have added the getSplitBacklogBytes methos to the AutoScaler interface.

I will proceed with the pull request then.

Best regards.

Vincent BALLADA

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Sounds great.