Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Robert Middleton <os...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/05 01:40:39 UTC

Re: Build log4cxx on Windows

I got around to looking at the release process earlier tonight, and I ran
into a few problems.  As part of the release procedure, Maven goes and
attempts to re-build the code, which is using Ant to re-build APR and
APR-util before building log4cxx.  Because of that, I can't (easily) run
through the release procedure at the moment, since we run into the problem
of not using the proper build procedure for APR and APR-util.

I think the solution to this would be to update Maven to call configure.sh
on Linux, and CMake on Windows to do the build procedure.  This should be
able to be automatically done(see this Stackoverflow post for some more
info:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14809931/maven-calls-external-script-on-both-linux-and-windows-platforms).
It shouldn't be too hard to do, I think I can do that this weekend.

-Robert Middleton