Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <al...@istc.cnr.it> on 2010/12/13 10:03:08 UTC

Re: [IKS-FISE] Notes on the current stanbol code base

Hi Stephane,

> 1. Stanbol doesn't build, it complains that eu.iksproject:eu.iksproject.kres.shared.dependency.owlapi:jar:0.6-SNAPSHOT is missing

Some of the external packages required by KReS, such as the owl api, are
not in Maven repositories and have to be built separately, which a
simple mvn install on the reactor won't do.

There are scripts such as the install.sh file in the kres directory for
doing that. After launching it once, a mvn install on the Stanbol
reactor should work. I'm sorry but I can't tell of any other ways,
unless there are POM directives to assemble new packages from scratch.

Best,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Adamou
Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)

Re: [IKS-FISE] Notes on the current stanbol code base

Posted by Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>.
On Dec 13, 2010, at 10:08 AM, Fabian Christ wrote:

> 2010/12/13 Alessandro Adamou <al...@istc.cnr.it>:
>> Hi Stephane,
>>
>>> 1. Stanbol doesn't build, it complains that
>>> eu.iksproject:eu.iksproject.kres.shared.dependency.owlapi:jar:0.6-SNAPSHOT
>>> is missing
>>
>> Some of the external packages required by KReS, such as the owl api, are not
>> in Maven repositories and have to be built separately, which a simple mvn
>> install on the reactor won't do.
>>
>> There are scripts such as the install.sh file in the kres directory for
>> doing that.

Maybe. It is not documented in the README so I didn't notice it.

>> After launching it once, a mvn install on the Stanbol reactor
>> should work. I'm sorry but I can't tell of any other ways, unless there are
>> POM directives to assemble new packages from scratch.
>
> I have also added this information to
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/README.txt

I used the information written in the README to try to build KReS, but it failed.

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."

Re: [IKS-FISE] Notes on the current stanbol code base

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.