Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2012/09/14 07:32:58 UTC

RE: custom head component

Thanks Thiago... and for the javaloyal friendly welcome.

I did a CustomHead component... and it reaches into my database and overrides themes modeled in CSS appropriately as desired... so I can soup up my model object to whatever I like and my web site model gets persisted to relaunch the way I like it... or the way any user would like their;s.

I did it for general header, footer, content and splash.

Guess I am back in the saddle... again

Best Regards and thanks
Ken
kcolassi@live.com

From: kcolassi@live.com
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: custom head component
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:15:10 -0400

Hi Folks,

In T4 I use to operate a custom head component. And I instrumented the stylesheet and injected special style sheet stuff that I grabbed out of my database that characterizes things programmatically as configured (ie. custom header image for top frame).

    jwcid="headComponent@custom:CustomHead"
    title="ognl:layout.title"
    stylesheet="ognl:assets.stylesheet"    >

            component="ognl:layout"
        />

Are there any thoughts as to how this would pan out for T5?
What new components might be available default or commercial.
or any ideas to customize?

Hoping for a magic bullet.

thanks in advance