Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Pick <da...@focus-solutions.co.uk> on 2005/10/11 14:57:37 UTC

[m2b3] Ant Dependencies Task and Scope

Hi,

I am trying to use the Ant dependencies Tasks to get a list of runtime dependencies only.

I have set the "useScope" to "runtime", however the Ant dependencies returns both "runtime" and "compile" dependencies. Why?

Is this a bug?

Should "useScope" be a list of dependencies you are interested in e.g. "runtime,compile,test"?

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks
Dave

Re: [m2b3] Ant Dependencies Task and Scope

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Like Maven itself, scope has just one value and it is somewhat
hierachical. It's hard to run without your compile-time dependencies,
so it includes those. test includes them all.

What is the use case for separating them out?

- Brett