Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Davide Romanini <d....@cineca.it> on 2005/06/20 09:44:50 UTC

SecureConversation and WSS4J

Hi,

I writing a WebService that should be consumed by a .NET client with
WSE2 and I'm asked to secure the WS using WS-SecureConversation. I know
that the initial authentication (to obtain a SecurityContextToken)
should happen using X.509 certs. I wuold like to use WSS4j for this, but
I don't find so much documentation about this. I builded the source from
CVS and I heard that someone is using WSS4J in such contexts. I looked
around the source but it's a bit hard to understand how to configure it.

Specifically I don't understand what piece of code actually handles the
RequestSecurityToken for initialization of the Context and how to
configure it to authenticate using X.509.
I know also that the context can be initialized by the requestor sending
an unsolicited RSTR in the header of the SOAP message (correct me if I'm
wrong). WSS4J can handle this?
Moreover the .NET client seems to use the Entropy tag to establish the
Context, WSS4J works with that?

Please any help to better understand how to configure WSS4J is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Davide Romanini

Re: SecureConversation and WSS4J

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Ruchith,

Is'nt it a matter of a week or so of work?

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davide Romanini <d....@cineca.it>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.