Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by soumya banerjee <so...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 05:28:17 UTC

Attachment getting lost after routing through Camel

I am trying to route a message based on the content(content based routing)
through the camel component.The message has an attachment of binary
data.When the message is received in the destination the attachment section
of the message is getting lost.

In the source code I found that the JBIBinding.java only copies the message
body and the message headers.Dont know for sure if this is the problem.

I am using a filepoller and file sender as the source and the destination.It
tries to send a binary file through the camel component into a specific
directory.

Are there any solutions to this?

My servicemix version is 3.2.1

Re: Attachment getting lost after routing through Camel

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
Hi,

actually the attachment support in Camel is not existing at all.
(see http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-385)

As it seems to me this issue will be open for a longer time, I would suggest using the message properties for your attachment as a workaround. For this write your own FileMarshaler which will put the attachment in the message properties instead of the body or attachment.

Regards,
Lars