Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Priya Sharma <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/04/28 05:00:08 UTC

Last content feature on OFBiz E-commerce

Hello All,

I am working on OFBiz 14.12 though I tried it on other releases too.

On the e-commerce page whenever a user selects a content from the Browse
Content section, the section "Last content" (similar to Last Products)
should be visible on the right hand side panel but this doesn't happen.

As per my exploration this has been designed to list the last content
visited by the user. But as this functionality is not currently functional
on any of the releases & I am in doubt about the actual behavior of this
feature.

E-commerce page always includes---Screen
component://ecommerce/widget/ContentScreens.xml#recentlyviewed on the right
bar of the page but its seems that it never gets any data to render.

Please help me in understanding how to make it functional.

Thanks & Regards,
Priya Sharma
Hotwax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Re: Last content feature on OFBiz E-commerce

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Priya,

As per my exploration this has been designed to list the last content
> visited by the user. But as this functionality is not currently functional
> on any of the releases & I am in doubt about the actual behavior of this
> feature.

It's functional and works when content viewed using "viewcontent" page.

If your doubt is "How it works?"

   - On clicking any "content" from "Browse Content" section of the left
   panel, it will open "showcontenttree" page.
   - Click on search button, it will open "searchContent" page
   - When clicking on any contentId link, it opens viewcontent page.
   - "Last Content" section lists those pages rendered through
   "viewcontent" page

Please help me in understanding how to make it functional.

I guess going with "How it is implemented?" may make it more clear

   - When a content is accessed through "viewcontent" page, *MruAdd.groovy*
   executes which sets a *map*   "*lookupCaches*" as a *session* attribute.
   - "*lookupCaches*" Map has key as entityName ("
   ContentAssocDataResourceViewFrom") and its value a LifoSet having
   GenericValue records of Content accessed.
   - "Last Content" section is rendered with "recentlyviewed" screen,
   *Mrv.groovy* extracts this list from session & puts it into context as
   "mrvList" which is rendered on recentlyviewed.ftl

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Sharma
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.