Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Satya Narayana <ns...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/01 11:53:02 UTC

No Download Status displayed while clicking on CentOS5.5...noGUI(KVM) in templates

Hi,

In my organization we use dhcp and connect to internet through the proxy
server. Since it is advised not to use dhcp during cloud installation
process i followed below approach.

I connected two laptops using crossover cable and given IP addresses as
192.168.1.5 for Management Server node and 192.168.1.2 for Cloudstack-agent
node. I could successfully install Management Server on 192.168.1.2 and
added host (192.168.1.5) to it after installing cloudstack-agent on
192.168.1.5.

I could also login to system vm deployed on 192.168.1.5 using ssh in to
system vm.

Up to this I did not configure internet on my laptops.  However, when I am
clicking on CentOS5.5....nogui(KVM) link in Templates page, the default
template is not getting downloaded whereas SystemVM template status is
being shown as Download complete.

What I had done is I downloaded systemvm template from internet on another
machine and used -f option instead of -h option while executing
cloud-install-sys-tmplt command on ManagementServer node.

Later i configured my cloudstack-agent node with wlan for getting access to
internet.

I am able to log in to systemvm using ssh command.

Now the question is how to setup the default centos5.5 vm on my host
(192.168.1.5).

I am unable to see download complete under status column in Zones tab when
I click on CentOS5.5...nogui(KVM) link though I the host can connect to
internet on dhcp based ip assigned to wlan interface on my cloudstack-agent
node.
--
Regds,
Satya

Re: No Download Status displayed while clicking on CentOS5.5...noGUI(KVM) in templates

Posted by Satya Narayana <ns...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry, in my previous post, i mistakenly mentioned 192.168.1.5 for
Management server and 192.168.1.2 for Cloudstack-agent node in the
begining. It is 192.168.1.2 for management server node and 192.168.1.5 for
cloudstack-agent node. The rest of the content is same.

--
Regds,
Satya