Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Larry Fish <lf...@SERENA.com> on 2007/04/12 00:54:42 UTC

[Axis2] Code generation problems - inconsistent type names

Hello,

  I'm running into some problems with code being generated by the WSDL2C
tool.  It looks like it's generating code with type names of the form
"axis2_AAA", for example axis2_date_time_t.  However, all of the header
files use type names of the form "axutil_AAA", for example
axutil_date_time_t.  It appears as though some refactoring was done, but
the WSDL2C tool was not updated accordingly?  I think the type names
were consistent in version 0.96.

  I'm using a copy of the code from the trunk this morning (4/11/2007)
at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk and I did not
get any compile problems when I compiled in the codegen directory in the
Java distribution.

  It actually looks to me like the .xsl style sheets used in the code
generation don't match the types defined in the header files.

  Can anyone confirm if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a bug
that needs to be fixed?

Thanks,

-Larry

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.