Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Locke <ma...@freelock.com> on 2003/08/01 20:00:46 UTC

Upgrading Subversion

Hello,

I'm about to upgrade subversion on my server to HEAD, from 0.23+ (a few
days before the release of 0.24).

I remember reading something about an upcoming repository schema change
that would require dumping the databases using the old binaries of
svnadmin, and reloading them using the new. Did this change happen? Is
this something I need to do?

If I don't dump/reload my repositories, will it be immediately apparent
if there's a problem?

John Locke
http://freelock.com
Recently published: "Complete the e-mail set up: User accounts, DNS, and more"
http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00620030617jxl01.htm
Play sports? Check in at http://teamcheckin.com

Re: Upgrading Subversion

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
John Locke <ma...@freelock.com> writes:

> Did this change happen?

No.  Take a look at the CHANGES file.  If a db schema happened, you'd
see a giant "screaming" announcement in both the CHANGES file and the
announcement email.

> If I don't dump/reload my repositories, will it be immediately apparent
> if there's a problem?

Yes.  The repository has a version number.  It would just say
something like "expected repository format 2, you have format 1."