Posted to users@maven.apache.org by suchitra <su...@ge.com> on 2007/05/21 08:55:10 UTC

QALab Main Report shows a blank index page

Hi,

Actually, I had described the pmd, checkstyle, etc along with the qalab in
the reporting section.  I had no problem with pmd,checkstyle and other
reports. Only the QALab Main Report and QALab movers report were empty.

Your suggestion for the <profile> section, helped me in getting the QALab
movers report.  But still, the QALab main report is empty.  I had the
following error in the middle of running mvn site.

….
QALab ==> The file
D:\Maven2.0.5\cvs\CommonComponents3.15\target\simian-raw-repo
rt.xml cannot be accessed. SKIPPING....
----

This may be the reason for not getting the QALab Main Report In fact, I dont
have the simian-raw-report.xml.  I tried including the simian-report in the
reporting section of QALab plugin.  But no use. Does the simian-raw-report
gets created automatically or Should I create the simian-raw-report and if
yes, how do I create it?

Thanks,
Suchitra

Re: QALab Main Report shows a blank index page

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suchitra,

Now, I can give an example. You have to check for the version of the plugins
(I think, some have new version) and change the configuration for your
context :

    <build>
        <plugins>

            [...]

            <!-- Checkstyle plugin -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/howto.html -->
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>checkstyle</id>
                        <phase>pre-site</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>checkstyle</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

            <!-- FindBugs plugin -->
            <!-- cf. http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/ -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>findbugs</id>
                        <phase>pre-site</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>findbugs</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <configuration>
                    <xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- PMD plugin -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/index.html -->
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>pmd</id>
                        <phase>pre-site</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>pmd</goal>
                            <goal>cpd</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <configuration>
                    <!-rulesets>
                        <ruleset>${basedir}/src/main/pmd/your-pmd-rules.xml
</ruleset>
                    </rulesets-->
                    <linkXref>true</linkXref>
                    <targetJdk>1.5</targetJdk>
                    <format>xml</format>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Cobertura Report                      -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-cobertura-plugin/ -->
            <plugin>
              <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
              <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
              <executions>
                <execution>
                  <id>cobertura</id>
                  <phase>pre-site</phase>
                  <goals>
                    <goal>cobertura</goal>
                 </goals>
                  <configuration>
                    <formats>
                      <format>xml</format>
                      <format>html</format>
                   </formats>
                 </configuration>
               </execution>
             </executions>
           </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <reporting>
        <plugins>

            [...]

            <!-- QALab Report -->
            <!-- cf.
http://qalab.sourceforge.net/multiproject/maven2-qalab-plugin/faq.html -->
             <plugin>
                <groupId>net.objectlab</groupId>
                <artifactId>mvn-qalab-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.2</version>
                <reportSets>
                  <reportSet>
                    <reports>
                        <report>report-merge-chart</report>
                        <report>report-movers-all</report>
                    </reports>
                  </reportSet>
                </reportSets>
                <configuration>
                    <dateOnly>true</dateOnly>
                    <startTimeHoursOffset>50</startTimeHoursOffset>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Cobertura Report                      -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-cobertura-plugin/ -->
            <plugin>
                   <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                   <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                   <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Checkstyle Report                 -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/customize.html -->
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.1</version>
            </plugin>

            <!-- PMD Report                        -->
            <!-- cf.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/howto.html -->
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <targetjdk>1.5</targetjdk>
                    <!--rulesets>
                        <ruleset>${basedir}/src/main/pmd/your-pmd-rules.xml
</ruleset>
                    </rulesets-->
                    <format>xml</format>
                    <linkXref>true</linkXref>
                    <sourceEncoding>iso-8859-1</sourceEncoding>
                    <minimumTokens>100</minimumTokens>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
         </plugins>
    </reporting>

I haven't try simian because it is non-open source.

HTH,

Rémy