Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Leon, Brian" <BL...@oakscape.com> on 2001/08/08 20:58:28 UTC

Updating a jar file through Ant

I have a situation where I need to update the contents of a jar file,
specifically its manifest file. Looking at the Jar task, there does not
appear to be a way to update a current jar. The alternative is to unjar the
file, do the processing, then rejar it which is a bit too much when I could
use the following command: 'jar umf classpath *.jar'. Any suggestions on do
this? Do I have to write a custom task to accomplish my goals.

Brian Leon