Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Duncan <ap...@ring-wraith.com> on 2003/01/17 21:51:23 UTC

[users@httpd] apache process ressources

Hi,

i recently spotted 2 apache processes on my server, which used together
more than 700MB of ressources (as seen in "top") and were still rising.
So i had to stop apache, but then wasn't able to find the cause for this.
My guess is, that it was a script (php, perl, ...) causing this issue.
However, this brings me to my question: is there a way, i can limit
apache not to go over a certain ressource level (in MB)?
Or will such a bad script still override such a preset limit?

Thanks,
Duncan