Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/26 02:28:56 UTC

[VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.0.1.

This is a bug fix release closing 49 tickets:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+2.0.1

Release notes for the 2.0.1 release:
http://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.0.1-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by  Tuesday, October 30, end of day

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.0.1-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.0.1-rc0/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.0 branch) is the 2.0.1 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.0.1-rc0

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/20/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/20/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.0 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.0-jdk8/177/

/**************************************

Thanks,
Manikumar

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <ka...@harsha.io>.
+1.
Ran a 3 node cluster with few simple tests.

Thanks,
Harsha

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
- Checked signatures
- Ran through quickstart on kafka_2.12-2.0.1.tgz
- Built from source with Java 8

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Since that was just a system tests fix, it doesn't seem to require another
RC. We just need a couple more votes. I'll ping some PMC members.

Ismael

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Manikumar, I think you need to make a call on KAFKA-7579 as release
manager and push this through.

Eno

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <ka...@harsha.io>.
+1.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Vahid Hashemian <va...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested build with Java 8 and ran quick start successfully on Ubuntu.

Thanks for running the release.
--Vahid

--

Thanks!
--Vahid

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.
+1 (non-binding)
Passes librdkafka integration test suite

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.
Ok, +1 (non-binding)

Eno

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eno,

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Mani,

Thanks for running the release. Verified quickstart on 2.12 binary. +1

Jun

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked source build and unit tests. Ran quickstart with source and binary.

Thank you for managing the release, Manikumar!

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [kafka-clients] Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
Built from src and ran tests, verified the artifacts, signatures, Ran core
quick start.

Thanks,
Manikumar

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.