Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Vasquez, Jason" <jv...@sonypictures.com> on 2002/08/05 22:00:18 UTC

Thread Pooling?

We are trying to up the performance level of some
Apache(1.3.22)/Tomcat(4.0.1) boxes and a colleague suggested setting up
thread pooling? I can't find this mentioned anywhere and I wanted to know if
such a thing existed?

Thanks,

Jason Vasquez

RE: Thread Pooling?

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu>.
Here's the code I use for thread pooling, you basically instantiate a
thread pool for a specific task, as specified by the "worker"
implementation you pass at pool creation.  Then you just do
threadPool.doWork(Object data).  This gets passed to a stack of threads
that use your worker implementation to process that object.  It's pretty
open ended.

I did look for thread pooling code in the Catalina stuff, but I couldn't
find anything.  I'm sure there's other ways of handling thread pooling.

-Jake Hookom

---