Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/03 17:19:34 UTC

Re: Getting a jpeg output with fop

Hi,

As per the below documentation, Java2D/AWT renderer used in FOP only
supports PNG/TIFF output formats. For more information, read the
following document...
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/output.html#bitmap

Venkat.

Posted by Diego Medina <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat

Thanks for your response. I need this renderer to support GIF and JPEG,
I was looking the code of TIFF Renderer to adapt it to a JPEG and GIF
renderer, and I saw that "stopRenderer()" was the best place to write
code using ImageIO to convert Java2D/AWT renderer work.

The most of the work was change the static strings of types
(image/tiff), and I create the corresponding maker, configurator ,etc ...

If someone need it, I attach the classes here.

Here I leave a example of use the renderer:

Thanks for all. I'm pleased to help a little.

// OutputStream out = what you want
            FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
            RendererFactory rendererFactory = null;
            FOUserAgent foUserAgent = null;

            rendererFactory = fopFactory.getRendererFactory();
            rendererFactory.addRendererMaker(new
MultiRendererMaker("jpeg"));
            foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
            rendererFactory.createRenderer(foUserAgent, "image/jpeg");

            Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop("image/jpeg", foUserAgent, out);

//Use fop as normal case

Venkat Reddy escribi�: