Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2013/11/25 15:29:03 UTC

Field Decorator not working on a single dropdown field after form submit

Dear Forum,
I have created a Field Decorator solution based on Apache Wicket Cookbook,
chapter 3.
I have also created a drop down field validator which implements
INullAcceptingValidator.

When the form is first rendered, Field decorator beforeRender() and
afterRender() is called for all form fields.

When I submit the form with all fields empty, Field decorator beforeRender()
and afterRender() is called for all form fields EXCEPT the one drop down
field in question.

Has anyone come across this type of problem? Why is the Field decorator
beforeRender() and afterRender() not called for the drop down field? Even
the custom drop down field validator is called.

I'm extending a SubmitOnceForm, if that is of any relevance.

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this scenario in a stand-alone example.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas