Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2018/02/26 21:39:27 UTC

Fedora solved, Ubuntu still a problem?

Somewhere along the way, this was fixed on Fedora;
I don't know whether it was a fix to system packages
or a patch we applied to apr/httpd;

x86_64-linux-gnu-ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')

This error message is from Ubuntu 16.04-LTS, it appears
we still have the same defect there. Just wondering if we
had applied a fix ourselves, or this was actually a packager
fix for this incredibly annoying side-effect?

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Fedora solved, Ubuntu still a problem?

Posted by Alain Toussaint <al...@vocatus.pub>.
> We entertain all test reports! No two build scenarios are identical,
> so even on a given architecture, we need multiple attempts to build to
> discover what we might have busted since the last release. Thanks for
> the offer :)

Glad to help :)

> This is based on the current svn rev building httpd against system
> apr/apr-util and other packages, as well as a build of all
> dependencies. I suspect the root cause exists in APR, and not httpd
> itself.

Ok, I'm on it.

Alain

Re: Fedora solved, Ubuntu still a problem?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Alain Toussaint <al...@vocatus.pub>.