Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Hein Meling <me...@acm.org> on 2005/05/08 23:11:38 UTC

log4j 1.3 update needed...

Dear log4j developers.

I would really like to encourage you to release a new 1.3 alpha7 or
beta1 something ASAP, as alpha6 has been out there for too long without
any updates; and I don't want to spend my time trying to compile a cvs
version, since it does not appear to be straight forward with maven or
some other simple means (that is, I don't want to hunt the net for jar
files...)

In particular, I find alpha6 quite useless with all its log4j internal
log output polluting the output, similar to this:

log4j:INFO Creating new logger [jgroup.util.log.Eventlogger] in
repository [default].

Maybe its possible to turn them off; (have only seen messages on the
list stating otherwise)...

Thanks,

Hein