Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2001/05/08 23:11:04 UTC

Re: XalanDOMString and mbstowcs

Not unless UTF-8 is the native format for your compiler/run-time.  You will
likely have to transcode the UTF-8 string to UTF-16 and then pass that to
XalanDOMString's constructor.

Dave

                    "Lyle Coder"
                    <x_coder@hotm        To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                    ail.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     XalanDOMString and mbstowcs
                    05/09/2001
                    03:56 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

Hello,
I have a UTF-8 encoded string pointed to by a char *.  I want to create a
XalanDOMString from this.

How do I accomplish this?  Can I call mbstowcs on my char * and then feed
the result to XalanDOMString?

I tried that and it doesent seem to work

Thanks
Lyle

Re: XalanDOMString and mbstowcs

Posted by Lyle Coder <x_...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
I am using gcc on Linux.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "UTF-8
is the native format for your compiler/run-time"

Where would I find an algorithm to convert UTF-8 to UTF-16?  I saw a
but havent opened it yet.  Does that give me this info?

Thanks
Lyle

<xa...@xml.apache.org>
>                     ail.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N
Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)