Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rohit Kelkar <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 17:19:04 UTC

zookeeper taking 15GB RAM

We have a 3 node cluster in production with the zookeeper instances running
on each node. I checked the memory usage for QuorumPeerMain using 'cat
/proc/<processid>/status' and it shows that the VMData is ~16GB.
The zookeeper is being used only by hbase. Is this usual for hbase to load
up the zookeeper memory so much or is it that we have missed out some
important maintenance activity on zookeeper?

- Rohit Kelkar

Re: zookeeper taking 15GB RAM

Posted by Rohit Kelkar <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. I checked the default max heap size for java on the
nodes and it turns out its 16G. So now I have to start zookeeper with a
reasonable value for heapsize. What are the factors that would impact the
heap size of zookeeper? Is it more tables in hbase or is is the number of
regions?

- Rohit Kelkar

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Rohit Kelkar <ro...@gmail.com>.