Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Day, Michael-IBM/TT" <Mi...@Nextel.com> on 2002/08/28 21:33:48 UTC

Still Stumbling with Torque...

Question:  Is there anyone out there using torque 3.0b4?  I'm sure someone
must be using a table called "category," right?  Do most people insert a
prefix on every table name?  I normally would do that, but I don't want to
use statements like: product.getPfxCategory() as opposed to
product.getCategory()

I'm not sure I have any other options than to do this.
org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject has a deprecated function getCategory()
returning org.apache.log4j.Category, so I get the following error message.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

    [javac] BaseProductItemCategoryRelationship.java:272: getCategory() in
BaseProductItemCategoryRelationship cannot override getCategory() in
org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject; attempting to use incompatible return type
    [javac] found   : xx.xx.xx.om.Category
    [javac] required: org.apache.log4j.Category
    [javac]     public Category getCategory() throws TorqueException
    [javac]                     ^
    [javac] BaseProductItemCategoryRelationship.java:272: warning:
getCategory() in org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject has been deprecated
    [javac]     public Category getCategory() throws TorqueException
    [javac]                     ^
    [javac] 1 error
    [javac] 1 warning