Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Vinay Chandran <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/10 09:33:22 UTC

[Excalibur-extensions] Implementation-Version Manifest Entry

Folks,
The manifest entry Implementation-Version
is represented as a Deweydecimal although I guess
its not mandatory to be one UNLike
Specification-Version entry.
(ref:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/versioning/spec/VersioningSpecification.html#JARManifestFormat
)

Patch Attached .

Regards,
V i n a y

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Re: [Excalibur-extensions] Implementation-Version Manifest Entry

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Applied - tah.

At 12:33 AM 6/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Folks,
>The manifest entry Implementation-Version
>is represented as a Deweydecimal although I guess
>its not mandatory to be one UNLike
>Specification-Version entry.
>(ref:
>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/versioning/spec/VersioningSpecification.html#JARManifestFormat
>)
>
>Patch Attached .
>
>Regards,
>V i n a y

>http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.comIndex: Extension.java
>RCS file:
>/home/cvspublic/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/extension/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/extension/Extension.java,v
>retrieving revision 1.20
>diff -r1.20 Extension.java
>170c170
><     private DeweyDecimal m_implementationVersion;
>---
> >     private String m_implementationVersion;
>353c353
><         final DeweyDecimal implementationVersion =
>extension.getImplementationVersion();
>---
> >         final String implementationVersion =
> extension.getImplementationVersion();
>409,423c409,410
><
><         if( null != implementationVersion )
><         {
><             try
><             {
><                 m_implementationVersion = new DeweyDecimal(
>implementationVersion );
><             }
><             catch( final NumberFormatException nfe )
><             {
><                 final String error = "Bad implementation version format
>'" + implementationVersion +
><                     "' in '" + extensionName + "'. (Reason: " + nfe + ")";
><                 throw new IllegalArgumentException( error );
><             }
><         }
><
>---
> >               m_implementationVersion=implementationVersion;
> >
>495c482
><     public DeweyDecimal getImplementationVersion()
>---
> >     public String getImplementationVersion()
>538,548c525
><         // Implementation version must be >= required
><         final DeweyDecimal implementationVersion =
>required.getImplementationVersion();
><         if( null != implementationVersion )
><         {
><             if( null == m_implementationVersion ||
><                 !isCompatible( m_implementationVersion,
>implementationVersion ) )
><             {
><                 return REQUIRE_IMPLEMENTATION_UPGRADE;
><             }
><         }
><
>---
> >

>--

Cheers,

Peter Donald
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith

Re: [Excalibur-extensions] Implementation-Version Manifest Entry

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

If someone could apply this that would be fantastic.

I wont get a chance to touch it till sometime next week...

> [...]
><             }
><         }
><
>---
> >               m_implementationVersion=implementationVersion;
> >
>495c482
><     public DeweyDecimal getImplementationVersion()
>---
> >     public String getImplementationVersion()
>538,548c525
><         // Implementation version must be >= required
><         final DeweyDecimal implementationVersion =
>required.getImplementationVersion();
><         if( null != implementationVersion )
><             if( null == m_implementationVersion ||
><                 !isCompatible( m_implementationVersion,
>implementationVersion ) )
><                 return REQUIRE_IMPLEMENTATION_UPGRADE;

Cheers,

Peter Donald