Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Greg Matthews <gm...@flex.com.au> on 2000/01/07 05:00:23 UTC

TreeWalker

Hi,

I've been looking to convert from using the Java TR-2 xml package
to Xerces 1.0.1.

Haven't had much success in finding an equivalent for

TreeWalker.getNextElement( <tagName> );

I can create a TreeWalker and go through the nodes but...

1. wonder if there is an equivalent of the above, or i have
    to just loop through nodes myself until i get to the node
    i need.

2. would like to know if there's an easy way to skip over
    elements in a doc without drilling down to lower levels
    in the tree. e.g.

             <TOP><A><B/><A/><A><B/></A><A/></TOP>

    is there a way to create the treewalker at the <TOP> level then
    just have it iterate over the <A> nodes, where in the example
    above all the <B> nodes happen to be child elements to the <A>'s.

Thanks
Greg.

PS. Is someone going to start putting in a few more javadoc
      comments anytime soon? A few more helpful comments
      would be really good.

Re: TreeWalker

Posted by Ralf Pfeiffer <rp...@apache.org>.
If you take a look at the factory member function for TreeWalker,
you can specify a nodetype or set of nodetypes which the treewalker will

walk, and ignore the rest. You can also set up a filter in which you
override
an acceptNode function, and accept some nodes, filter out others.

A UI we use for testing the TreeWalker implementation can be found in
the samples dir: dom.traversal.TreeWalkerView. It gives an example of
using a filter based on node name.

-rip