Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ro...@aset.com on 2003/08/24 03:31:25 UTC

Problems build mod_jk on Solaris 9

Greetings:

I have searched the archive, and cannot seem to find the answer to my problem.

Environment:
	Solaris 9
	Apache 1.3.27
	TomCat 4.1.27
	TomCat Connectors 4.1.27 (source)
	GNU libtool 1.4
	GNU autoconf 2.51
	GNU make 3.80
	Perl 5.8.0 (compiled w/ gcc 3.2.2)
	gcc 3.2.3
	Java 1.2

First, I added DSOs to apache, using Example in O'Reilly's Apache 3rd ed:
	cd (apache distribution)
	./configure --enable-shared=example
	make install

Then, following the instructions in the mod_jk how-to:
	cd (connectors distribution)/jk/native
	./buildconf.sh
	./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

and I get the error:
	could not find /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
	configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

To validate the path, I can do an ls -l on the path given in the error message, and I get the apxs file, and it is executable by UGO, and all dirs in the path have rwxr-xr-x as perms.

I also tried to rebuild apxs from scratch by:
	rm (apache distribution)/src/support/apxs
	make clean
	./configure --enable-shared=example
	make
	make install

And I still get the same error.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Jon R. Kibler
Advanced Systems Engineering Technology, Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA

Re: Problems build mod_jk on Solaris 9

Posted by "Eric J. Pinnell" <er...@iCky.org>.
> and I get the error:
> 	could not find /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
> 	configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

Apxs is a perl script.  Make sure that it is finding perl.  Basically make
sure that apxs is working.

-e