Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Bruce A. Mah" <bm...@acm.org> on 2004/07/16 15:29:13 UTC

ViewCVS URL in mailer hook script

I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times before, but I can't seem
to find an answer in the source code or the mailing list archives.

How does the mailer hook script used by the subversion repository on
svn.collab.net (i.e. the repository holding the subversion source code
itself) generate the ViewCVS URLs in the mails that go to svn@?  I want
to do something similar (the server runs FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE, if it
matters) but I'm not sure how to make this happen.  Is there some option
to commit-email.pl that I'm missing, or is it a different hook script
entirely?

My kingdom...my kingdom for a clue...

Thanks in advance,

Bruce.

Re: ViewCVS URL in mailer hook script

Posted by Klaus Rennecke <kr...@tigris.org>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> [...]  I could post the patch, or toss into a contrib/ directory, I
> suppose. [...]

Contrib sounds nice, pretty please. I've been looking for something like
this. :-)

/Klaus

Re: ViewCVS URL in mailer hook script

Posted by Klaus Rennecke <kr...@tigris.org>.

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.

I have a local patch to all my installations as well FWIW.
I never even realised there was a patched mailer.py on svn.collab.net... :)

Sander

RE: ViewCVS URL in mailer hook script

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
[crossposting to dev@]

"Bruce A. Mah" <bm...@acm.org> writes:

> I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times before, but I can't seem
> to find an answer in the source code or the mailing list archives.

Actually, it's never been asked (that I know).

> How does the mailer hook script used by the subversion repository on
> svn.collab.net (i.e. the repository holding the subversion source code
> itself) generate the ViewCVS URLs in the mails that go to svn@?

Because I have a custom patch to it which adds this support.  I've
been hesitent to commit the work because I'm not sure it's "right" for
Subversion's mailer script to add support for one particular
third-party tool.  That would open the door for support for *all* such
third-party tools, and that's not a burder I think the script should
bear.  I could post the patch, or toss into a contrib/ directory, I
suppose.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
[crossposting to dev@]