Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 陈亮亮 <ch...@yeejee.com> on 2008/02/29 09:51:36 UTC

too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?

    when embeded the solr in my application last night, i encountered the too many open file exception just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e". And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.

    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time solr had a query search done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep reasher safe close, but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref()) after search done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and the refount still>1 and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers and finally the too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?

By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just delay the time. i use the "lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing, i think it is a leak of handler here.

Any help would appreciated, thank you !!!

Re: too many open files , is it a leak of handler there?

Posted by 陈亮亮 <ch...@yeejee.com>.
thanks Yonik
Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by 陈亮亮 <ch...@yeejee.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by 陈亮亮 <ch...@yeejee.com>.
i think i have just fix the problem, and close method in Directsolrconnection, and now the number of handler  keeps stable. hope it would help other solr users ^_^

Posted by 陈亮亮 <ch...@yeejee.com>.