Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Matt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 18:13:37 UTC

JMeter caching control

Hi folks,

Just looking through the JMeter online docs and am unable to find anything
about client caching.

A) Does JMeter use caching of pages it visits?
B) Is there somewhere where it can be switched off? So every iteration or
every HTTP request doesn't use the cache?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: JMeter caching control

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/06/07, Matt <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just looking through the JMeter online docs and am unable to find anything
> about client caching.

Because it does not do any caching.

> A) Does JMeter use caching of pages it visits?

No.

> B) Is there somewhere where it can be switched off? So every iteration or
> every HTTP request doesn't use the cache?

Not applicable.

==

There are vague plans to add caching (there's a Bugzilla enhancement
request I think), but so far no work has been done on this. If you
have any specific requirements for how the caching should be
controlled, please check in Bugzilla and add your comments to the
relevant issue.