Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/08 18:59:12 UTC

initial GMap2 bounds question

Lets say I have two GLatLng Points, i.e. Chicago and Indianapolis.  I would
like to have the map be centered between these points and bounded to show
these points.

What is the best way to do this?

Re: initial GMap2 bounds question

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!
patched - http://wicketstuff.org/jira/browse/WSGMAPP-7

-----

Re: initial GMap2 bounds question

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
I achieved what I was looking for.  Here is what I did:

map.add(new HeaderContributor(new IHeaderContributor()
		{

			public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response)
			{
				StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
				buf.append( "var bounds = new GLatLngBounds();\n");
				buf.append( "var map = " + map.getJSinvoke("map" ) );

				for (CustomLocation custom : location.getCustomLocations()) {
					GLatLng point = new GLatLng(custom.getLatitude(), custom
							.getLongitude());
					buf.append( "bounds.extend( " + point.getJSconstructor() + " );\n" );

				}
				buf.append( "map.setZoom( map.getBoundsZoomLevel(bounds) );\n"  );

				buf.append( "map.setCenter( bounds.getCenter() );\n");

				response.renderOnDomReadyJavascript(buf.toString());
			}
		}));

location is my data object that contains all my specific custom locations.

Works like a charm!

Re: initial GMap2 bounds question

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.