Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/12/10 15:05:19 UTC

[Discuss] [Autoscaler]Mapping Partition groups to Network partition

Hi all,

Here is a thought on network partition concept that we have also discussed
in thread [1].

>From Autoscaler POV, We can consider "network partition" as the "partition
group" which we already have in deployment policy. Because this is a same
type of grouping that we require in IaaS level.

Scale up/ Scale down rules will monitor network partitions separately and
act control the load according the deployment policy. Partitions will be
selected using partition algorithms defined in Deployment policy.
Since the load of one network partition will not affect another, it will be
enough to monitor the load independently and act.

Minimum check rule will still run against normal partitions and it will
make sure that the minimum count is preserved.

Please send your thoughts.

[1] [Discuss] [Load Balancer] Load Balancer Clusters for Network Partitions

Thanks.
Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,