Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com> on 2003/01/16 19:25:48 UTC

time for 1.3 release?

There have been quite a few useful additions and fixes made to Lucene
since the 1.2 release.  This might be a good time to start making a 1.3
release.  What do other folks think?

I'd rather not go through the hassle of branching development, so this
would mean that we should avoid non-bug-fix changes while we're in the
'Release Candidate' phase, but hopefully that won't last long.  If
someone feels strongly that we should branch, then they should also be a
Lucene developer willing to manage the branching, merging, etc. before
they speak up.

If folks agree that this is a good time, then the first step is to make
an RC1 release from the current sources.  Peter Carlson ran the last
release process.  Peter, would you like to run this one too?

The Lucene release process of record is described in:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=1233

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

Doug

Re: time for 1.3 release?

Posted by Phil Shaw <ph...@codestyle.org>.
On 17 Jan 2003, at 10:15, Peter Carlson wrote:

> Let's do it.
>
> I'll be the lead on the RC. I will start working on it this weekend.

Peter,

This is my first week on the lucene-dev list but this may be a good
way to get familiar with the project. I could do some low level stuff
to help out, check or perhaps draft an Ant build?

Best regards,

Phil
--
<url http://www.codestyle.org/>

Re: time for 1.3 release?

Posted by Peter Mularien <pm...@deploy.com>.
I heartily agree. I can help with any important bug fixes that we feel
should go into the release. Also releasing an RC will get the newer code
into the hands of more people and would likely find additional bugs.

Peter

Re: RE : java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
Thanks for the test case.  I just checked in a fix for this problem.

Doug

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
Sounds like a bug.

Posted by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com>.
Actually, I wrap my original query in a new BooleanQuery and then I get
this exception.

Re: time for 1.3 release?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:

[...]
> The Lucene release process of record is described in:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=1233
>
> Thoughts?

The release should now be done following the new mirroring rules.

   http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html

Here is a step by step description of how to do it:

   http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html

Cheers!

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: time for 1.3 release?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I was just looking at CHANGES.txt the other night and thought how it's
time for 1.3, so I'm for it.  I think Peter is the only person besides
you with all the required accounts and priviledges.

Otis

RE: time for 1.3 release?

Posted by Alex Murzaku <li...@lissus.com>.
Yes. That's what I was proposing. And it's true - the stop word lists in
Snowball are quite good. I  did offer wordlists for some languages that
weren't complete to Martin (Porter) - I don't know if they are included
or not. In any case, this was just to confirm their existence. In the
test cases I had built for my earlier Snowball-Lucene integration, I did
use these lists for the analyzers and also made sure to exclude them
from the tests (since the analyzer would remove them...)

Alex Murzaku
 alex(at)lissus.com  http://www.lissus.com

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.

RE: time for 1.3 release?