Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dop Sun <su...@dopsun.com> on 2017/10/03 13:58:11 UTC

Ignite long term support (LTS) version policy?

Hi,

I’m currently developing an application for my employer, and starting beginning of 2017, Ignite started at 1.8, and released 1.9 (Feb), 2.0 (Apr), 2.1 (Jul) and recently 2.2 (Sep), or about 2 - 3 months a version. And I can see good features added to every releases, together with bug fixes.

For us, we upgraded from 1.8 and then 2.0, and due to several bugs fixed in 2.1 and 2.2, we have upgraded to 2.2. And the bug fixes, for example IGNITE-6181, would likely pushing us to upgrade to 2.3 when its ready before our first production release.

My question is:

- will there be a kind of long term support (LTS) version? By LTS, I mean there is a version will be considered stable, and bug fixes of future several releases would likely back ported for a certain period of time.

- if not today, any chance this can be considered in future?

Please kindly suggest if this should be sending to dev@ignite.apache.org instead.

Dop

Re: Ignite long term support (LTS) version policy?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Dop,

I am not sure Apache Ignite community will be able to provide support
beyond what you see on the user@ and dev@ lists today. If you need
something beyond that, I would advise you to contact commercial vendors,
like GridGain.

D.