Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Wei Li <lw...@qq.com> on 2017/11/24 03:34:16 UTC

Build cube and streaming cube problems

Hi allI install Kylin binary package with Hbase namespace patch (KYLIN-2846) and have been used for nearly a month. My work always need several dimensions(large cardinality happened such as ID-num)and a dozen RAW measures.

I have some questiona about building cube. There are lots of successful cases that build cube with ten-billions of  data and have sub-seconds query speed, but when I actually use,cubing with ten-millions data failed sometimes and my querying is slow with a where filter and becomes slower when it comes to LIKE (10 million data costs 40 seconds).

And here is a strange phenomenon like this:
I have a cube with 200 million rows, which contains three dimensions and no lookup table. But when I add a lookup table with 1400 rows and 4 RAW measures (two of them are Chinese string ), it fails at the 3 step, output is 'Job Counters \n failed reduce tasks=4'. I find that some key values in fact table out of the inner join lookup table, dose that cause the error? Are there any specific constrains when build a cube?
For example, I notice that the dimensions should pick up an unique row or an error would happened.

Turn to streaming cube, I meet three problems.
Firstly, when I add streaming table, the Advanced Setting only has Timeout in web, Buffer Size  & Margin are missing.
Secondly, when I save my table and browse the table schema,Streaming Cluster config are blank which has been set before,and I can't Edit,throw an error message when I click save, which is Failed to deal with the request: SteamingConfig Illegal.
Thirdly, after I new model and cube succesful and comes to build, an ‘Oops...Could not find Kafka dependency' happended. Obviously, my kafka is ready,because I can consume it by java。

A long Email,thanks for reading,and hope for your reply!

Sincerely
Wei Li

Re: Build cube and streaming cube problems

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
A couple of comments:

1. Don't use the RAW measure, it is deprecated and has some known
limitations. If you do need query raw data, try to let Kylin to route the
query to Hive or Spark SQL with the new pushdown feature. Of course, your
hive table should be optimized for such query, for example using Parquet
format instead of text format.

2. When a cube has multiple UHC dimensions, you need carefully design the
combinations; Check the "how to optimize cube design" doc;

3. The Streaming Cube, Billy is correct, please check the tutorial,
most issues can find the answer there.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: Build cube and streaming cube problems

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.