Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Prashanth Gujjeti <Pr...@transerainc.com> on 2005/08/16 01:39:00 UTC

[J2] Portlet level access

Doug/Randy, and others:

I was following up on the thread below which has a detailed discussion
on the portlet level access restriction. And Randy suggested that the
same might be targeted towards M2.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-jetspeed-user/200412.mb
ox/%3c41C1FA07.7000306@finali.com%3e

I have the release M3 installed, and I am trying to restrict access to
certain portlets on a given PSML page based on the user's roles ( by
defining security-constraints for fragmnets). But, it does not seem to
be working. So, I was wondering whats the status of the same or if there
is updated information elsewhere?

Thanks for your help!

- Prashanth

Re: [J2] Portlet level access

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Prashanth,

This was indeed discussed, but we opted to not enforce the security at
the fragment level because there are portlet API tests that allow the
portlets to test and inforce their security requirements as they choose.
However, we did leave the low level security support in place in case we
wanted to optionally support it at the portlet level some time in the
future.

Please discuss on the dev list if you think you have a case that
requires portal security enforcement at the portlet level... the future
may be now...

Randy