Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dinesh Khetarpal <dk...@karora.ca> on 2002/08/22 16:39:07 UTC

web.xml question

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "  <http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_2.dtd>
http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_2.dtd">
we put in the web.xml file and ship the application assuming everybody
has internet connection, what is the preferred way when customers don't
have internet connection.

Dinesh

Re: web.xml question

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Dinesh Khetarpal wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:39:07 -0400
> From: Dinesh Khetarpal <dk...@karora.ca>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: web.xml question
>
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>     "  <http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_2.dtd>
> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_2.dtd">
> we put in the web.xml file and ship the application assuming everybody
> has internet connection, what is the preferred way when customers don't
> have internet connection.
>
> Dinesh

You actually don't have to worry about an Internet connection -- Tomcat
works fine disconnected from the network as well.  The reason this works
is that Tomcat has an internal copy of the DTD, which is used perform the
validation.  The only requirement is that the user has spelled the public
identifier string exactly right -- then the system identifier (i.e. the
http URL) is ignored.

Craig