Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com> on 2007/05/25 15:45:30 UTC

[S2] Accessing Properties

I am new to Struts2 and have a question in regards to accessing
properties from Java classes outside of the Action.  If I would like to
utilize the concept of package.properties property files.  Is there
already classes available that I can easily utilize to access these
properties?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

Re: [S2] Accessing Properties

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Hoying, Ken wrote:

> I am new to Struts2 and have a question in regards to accessing
> properties from Java classes outside of the Action.  If I would like to
> utilize the concept of package.properties property files.  Is there
> already classes available that I can easily utilize to access these
> properties?

You mean like java.util.PropertiesReesourceBundle? [1] Or maybe you're
looking for the I18N facilities Struts provides for managing access to
message resources? [2]

L.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/PropertyResourceBundle.html