Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com> on 2007/07/09 18:53:41 UTC

[SDO Java Question] - Is this checking sufficient?

In SDOHelperImpl.java, there is a method called isDocumentRoot() described below. I remember in some cases the name of DocumentRoot type is called "DocumentRoot" that would fail the method. My question is what checking is sufficient for identifying a document root type. Thanks.

public boolean isDocumentRoot(Type type)
  {
    return "".equals(SDOExtendedMetaData.INSTANCE.getName((EClassifier)type));
  }

Re: [SDO Java Question] - Is this checking sufficient?

Posted by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com>.
I understand the difference now. Thanks.

Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote: The SDOHelper.isDocumentRoot() method is the client API for this. In our
EMF-based impl, checking for the ExtendedMetaData name is "" is the right
check. The ExtendedMetaData name of a DocumentRoot type is never
"DocumentRoot" - it's always "".

Frank.

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.