Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by John Casey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/11/08 20:43:39 UTC

Adding Dead Letter Queues to Beam IOs

Hi All,

I've written up a design for adding DLQs to existing Beam IOs. It's been
through a round of reviews with some Dataflow folks at Google, but I'd
appreciate any comments the rest of Beam have around how to refine the
design.

TL;DR: Make it easy for a user to configure IOs to route bad data to an
alternate sink instead of crashing the pipeline or having the record be
retried indefinitely.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NGeCk6tOqF-TiGEAV7ixd_vhIiWz9sHPlCa1P_77Ajs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

John

Re: Adding Dead Letter Queues to Beam IOs

Posted by Austin Bennett <au...@apache.org>.
This will eventually be a great addition to aid usability -- thanks for
starting to think through and address, John!

Posted by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for working on this, long waiting and very demanded user feature.

I’ll try to take a look on design doc in the next days.

—
Alexey