Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie> on 2006/03/26 23:27:52 UTC

Authentication via sitemap

I'm just starting to look at very simple authentication, using
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication/authenticating_user.html
as a guide.

It looks straightforward enough, but there's one missing item of
information. For "Using a URI as the authentication resource" it
gives sample code for

<autentication-manager>
   <handlers>
     <!-- Now follows the handlers configuration -->
     <handler name="portalhandler">
       <!-- The login resource -->
       <redirect-to uri="cocoon:/sunspotdemoportal"/>
       <authentication uri="cocoon:raw:/sunrise-authuser"/>
     </handler>
   </handlers>
</autentication-manager>

but it doesn't say where in the sitemap.xmap you put this, and
I can't see anywhere obvious that it should go.

///Peter

Re: Authentication via sitemap

Posted by peter <pe...@silmaril.ie>.
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:15:48 -0700 (MST), Jason Johnston wrote
[me]

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication/authentication-handler.html

> <map:pipelines>
>   <map:component-configurations>
>     <authentication-manager>

Grrr. I should have spotted that. Thanks very much.
Serve me right for trying to hack on Cocoon after too much wine :-)

> I believe it could also go in cocoon.xconf, but having it in the sitemap
> is simpler.

Much...

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.