Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 16:51:54 UTC

Rtree is 100 to,es faster than couchdb

"Rtree is 100 to,es faster than couchdb"

this comment was made today in a meeting when I brought up couchdb's
incremental map/reduce feature especially for time series data.

I thought R-tree was a type of tree and couchdb used some betree or kd tree
for building indexes.

Am i mistaken about this?....I've used couchdb's map/reduce many times and
even when datasets where huge I could still get guaranteed millisecond time
for updated views

Re: Rtree is 100 to,es faster than couchdb

Posted by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com>.
Ahh...phone typo... What he said kinda made me doubt my knowledge... But
I'm glad that what I thought is right

Posted by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com>.