Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rick Dettwyler <ri...@yourlocaltechsupport.com> on 2005/09/01 22:20:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache won't run on XP

Hi everyone,

This is silly but I can't get apache to run.

I downloaded the MSI of latest release and installed on XP Pro. Setup was
unable to add apache as a service and I get this when I try it manually:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache -k install

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port)

is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Unable to open logs

IIS is not running and I can find nothing using port 80.

Thanks,

Rick

YourLocalTechSupport.com

914.245.2130

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Apache won't run on XP

Posted by Rick Dettwyler <ri...@yourlocaltechsupport.com>.
Ah. The windows equivalent to ps. DOH! Thanks for that. And when I added the
PID column to my taskmgr I see that Skype is holding it. <sigh>

Thanks a lot,
Rick

Posted by Shankar Unni <sh...@netscape.net>.