Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2005/05/12 07:01:15 UTC

SVN repo?

Just a quickie, what's the URL for the SVN repo for Ant?  The website
still lists the CVS

Kev

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

>>> I think that's the point :) I'm not a committer,
>>

>> I know.  I may not be the youngest around here, but I still manage to
>> keep track of a few people ;-)
>>
>> What I tried to say was that you can use https as a non-committer as
>> well, and it is going to make the transition easier if you happen to
>> become a committer later.

Ok, my mis-understanding (and on teh cvs-svn switch too, thanks for
clearing that one up)

> We use SVN @ work a lot, and have found that https works through
> proxies better. Use it whenever you can.

Ok, so this is simply best practice for svn by the sounds of it.

Kev

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:

>>As a committer you really would need to use http*s*.
>>
> I think that's the point :) I'm not a committer,

I know.  I may not be the youngest around here, but I still manage to
keep track of a few people ;-)

What I tried to say was that you can use https as a non-committer as
well, and it is going to make the transition easier if you happen to
become a committer later.

Stefan

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>.
>As a committer you really would need to use http*s*.

I think that's the point :) I'm not a committer, or did I get commit
access when I wasn't looking!

Kev

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:
>>"Ant itself" still is in CVS.
>>
> I thought that after 1.6.3 ANt was going to be moved into SVN
> (indeed part of the hurry for getting out 1.6.3 was to include the
> svn task so that other projects could start the move across), or am
> I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken.

Ant 1.6.3 does not include any svn tasks, they currently reside in the
sandbox/antlibs space in Ant's SVN repo.

We'll need to talk about what we want to migrate and into which
structure before we make the final transition.  This transition should
happen before we create a branch for 1.7 IMHO.

>>The URL is <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/>.
>
> Yeah I found that one by digging around on jakarata.apache.org (I
> think that's the commiter one too, so I'm currently on
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant)

As a committer you really would need to use http*s*.

> So for now the main ant is in CVS, but the sandbox and antlibs are
> in SVN.

Correct.

Stefan

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com>.

Re: SVN repo?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> wrote:

> Just a quickie, what's the URL for the SVN repo for Ant?  The
> website still lists the CVS

"Ant itself" still is in CVS.