Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/07 00:37:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1599625 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm/event/event.c

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Christophe JAILLET
<ch...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> However, I was wondering if we could call tzset() and use tzname[0] or
> tzname[1] instead of the hard coded "UTC+0". According to [1], tzset() first
> looks at TZ, but, if not set, then at the localtime file.
> This way, we could define TZ if it can be a performance boost in some cases
> and avoid the change of behavior on existing systems.
>

> However,
>   - I don't know if this is portable
>   - I'm unsure about how daylight saving time will be handled

A better guess would be nice.  When the runtime doesn't match the test
suite, some tests (ssl/varlookup.t) can fail when the timezone is
behind/ahead on day of the week from UTC.