Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 11:02:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r594804 - in /ant/sandbox/mocks: ./ src/ src/antlr/ src/com/ src/com/jcraft/ src/com/jcraft/jsch/ src/com/sun/ src/com/sun/media/ src/com/sun/media/jai/ src/com/sun/media/jai/codec/ src/javax/ src/javax/activation/ src/javax/mail/ src

On Nov 14, 2007 9:51 AM,  <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> Of course you could load all OSS modules for the build, e.g. using Ivy.
>
> pro:
> * you can do the real tests
>
> contra:
> * you load more than you need for just building Ant
> * there is no easy download (fetch.xml seems not to work on my machine)
>
> And because there were so many "I cant build Ant because of missing libraries" and I had the mocks already, I thought commiting them would be a good idea. Especially when I got no answer when asking last time...

I missed that.

My hope is that for ant 1.8.0 we can use an ivy.jar in the same way as
 antunit.jar - ie. a help
in building, but a modification to fetch.xml should also work.

There should be a repository access for all of the dependencies needed
to build ant.
- we may need to drop stuff like stylebook that never had a release.

Peter
Peter.