Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by prity1 <rp...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2003/07/30 20:43:48 UTC

xml encryption

hi,
I want to implement both xml signature as well as  xml encryption. Looking
for Java lib. So thought of using Apache XML Security-J.   I visited
http://xml.apache.org/security/ and at the bottom of the page found:

Two libraries are currently available.

  1.. A Java library, which includes a mature Digital Signature
implementation. Encryption is currently under development.
It clearly states that signature lib is available but encryption is still
under development. Does that mean I have to wait for sometime before I can
start using apache encryption lib? How long will i have to wait for
encryption lib?  I also downloaded the xml security java lib from apache
site. It has src_samples for Xml Signature, but dont have samples for Xml
Encryption? Your inputs highly appreciated, as I want to start development.

rgd,
pp

Re: xml encryption

Posted by Caroline Foster <ca...@runbox.com>.
Hi,

For open source encryption, I recommend you visit http://www.bouncycastle.org where you should find everything you need. I have implemented xml signatures in my apps using their stuff with Apache XML Security.

rgz,
Caroline.