Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr> on 2011/09/07 19:01:19 UTC

Re : Re : Error using Scriptlet inside tiles:putAttribute

I'm really sorry if my manners hurted someone (I mean it).

Back on the subject : if anyone is interested on scripting inside Tiles tag, I'll be happy to try and contribute a patch.
If no, I certainly wont spent my time on something nobody - apart me - find usefull.

Again please accept my excuses if I hurt someone. I didn't imply for anyone to develop the feature (it was just to raise an issue and track it - no more :) ).

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/7 Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr>

> Back on the subject : if anyone is interested on scripting inside Tiles
> tag, I'll be happy to try and contribute a patch.
> If no, I certainly wont spent my time on something nobody - apart me - find
> usefull

That's not the right spirit.
What we do here at Apache is:
* for fun;
* for our everyday job.
In any case, we do it for ourselves: we need some thing, we develop it, we
distribute to the community. We don't do anything only because someone that
does not pay us asks it.
So if you need it develop it. If you wish you can share it with the
community hoping it is useful. After all, Linus built LInux for his own PC
;-)

Again please accept my excuses if I hurt someone. I didn't imply for anyone
> to develop the feature (it was just to raise an issue and track it - no more
> :) ).

It was never a problem, I love to receive critics, because I know that Tiles
is still alive ;-)

Best regards

Posted by Rick R <ri...@gmail.com>.
I doubt many people would care to see scriplet functionality within tiles.
JSTL is simply much cleaner so I think most would disagree with your initial
comment about not seeing much difference between the scriplet for loop and
the jstl one.( In reality it's usually iterating over a collection anyway .)
It's not like you really have to spend  'time' to learn JSTL. A quick google
search of what you want to do in JSTL and you'll find an example within a
few seconds. My guess is you'd probably learn everything you need to know
about JSTL faster than it would take you to patch the code  :)

--
Rick R