Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Mike R." <ra...@agr.gc.ca> on 2005/04/01 02:46:33 UTC

2 quick J2 Config Q's

2 more J2 configuration questions (fast and easy, I promise!)

1.  Is the jetspeed.xml file still used?  It defines the security
realm and JDBC connection parms

2.  What is the mechanism used to point to the PSML file?  Can I assume that I
just modify default.psml and all is well?

Just don't have the time to figure out this stuff, my design doc is
already 60 pages! Thanks in advance,

\MR

Re: 2 quick J2 Config Q's

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.

Mike R. wrote:

>2 more J2 configuration questions (fast and easy, I promise!)
>
>1.  Is the jetspeed.xml file still used?  It defines the security
>realm and JDBC connection parms

Yes

>2.  What is the mechanism used to point to the PSML file?  Can I assume that I
>just modify default.psml and all is well?

PSML is loaded from a directory specified in the spring config... all
pages and subfolders, (and their contents), are visible in the portal
subject to security and profiling rules.