Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niranjan Deshpande <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/02 15:29:53 UTC

Reason: Parse error reading POM. Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'executions'

Hi

I am trying to use this plugin in my pom
http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/index.html

My pom is as follows:

<plugin>

<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-buildnumber-plugin</artifactId>

<executions>

<execution>

<phase>validate</phase>

<goals>

<goal>create</goal>

</goals>

</execution>

</executions>

<configuration>

<doCheck>false</doCheck>

<doUpdate>false</doUpdate>

<format>{0,date,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}</format>

<items>

<item>timestamp</item>

</items>

</configuration>

</plugin>

<build>

<finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}-r${buildNumber}</finalName>
</build>

But I am getting this error:
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Parse error reading POM.
Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'executions' (position: START_TAG seen
...</artifactId>\n\t\t <executions>... @652:16)  for project unknown at
/home/mig/cruisecontrol/cduweb/checkout/xxxWeb/pom.xml

Please help.

Re: Reason: Parse error reading POM. Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'executions'

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> But I am getting this error:
> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Parse error reading POM.
> Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'executions' (position: START_TAG seen
> ...</artifactId>\n\t\t <executions>... @652:16)  for project unknown at
> /home/mig/cruisecontrol/cduweb/checkout/xxxWeb/pom.xml

Paste the whole pom.xml file at www.pastebin.org or a similar place
and someone can take a look at it.

Wayne